Brats are not Bratz

Jim was talking to Bobby, and being thoroughly frustrated with him, said "You're a brat." Bobby said "I'm not a brat". Since his only exposure to that word are those awful, awful commercials for those awful, awful (did I mention awful) Bratz dolls, I told Jim I thought Bobby might be thinking he was being called a trashy teenage girl doll. Now, I know I shouldn't judge by their looks. They may be excellant students, they may be kind to the elderly, and they may be active in their churches, but they look like hookers. Why do these dolls exist, and why are they being marketed to children 4,000 times a day on Nickelodean? And don't even get me started on why anyone, anywhere would create a cartoon based on Gene Simmon's life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highlights of 2012, so far